There are food components that help our bodies stay healthy and in some cases up to fight disease. In most cases this is because they are rich in antioxidants and some very special nutrients.
As science advances sometimes some studies to prove one thing is quickly confronted with new studies. This is the case of certain foods or action of certain foods. Here we describe some of the foods considered very powerful right now. These foods are very easy to incorporate into the daily diet. Besides being rich in nutrients are mostly low in fat and calories.
1. Fruit: In some countries like USA is believed that an apple a day helps prevent diseases. Fruits are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Apples are rich in qercetina a chemical that helps to fight free radicals which cause aging and some diseases.
Fruits are rich in fiber, this helps eliminate toxins from the body. The delicious mangoes are rich in carotenes that help fight cancer. They are also rich in beta carotene, vitamin C and E. The next times you eat a cookie remember the taste and virtues of the handles.
Blackberries are one of the few fruits that contain vitamin E which protects the heart. Raspberries are high in fiber, a cup of these will give you a third of the recommended daily dose. Almost all fruits of this family (blueberries, strawberries and others) help to strengthen blood vessels, protect the eyes and reduce the risk of heart problems.
The papaya is rich in nutrients vitamin C, beta carotene and enzymes that help protect tissues. Papaya helps heal wounds. One of its enzymes, papain helps digestion.
Red grapes are rich in antioxidants and other substances that help prevent heart attacks.
2. Tomatoes: These vegetables are rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants. They help prevent heart problems, pancreas, breast and prostate. Some of the nutrients are better absorbed when tomatoes are cooked.
3. Yogurt: Yogurt is a good source of minerals like calcium and potassium. Therefore helps us to strengthen our bones. The bacterium in yogurt helps in digestion and protects the intestines. It is believed those also helps lower cholesterol and prevent intestinal infections.
The Salmon and other cold water fish. They are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce the risk of clogged arteries thus lower the risk of heart attacks and strokes. They contain anti-inflammatory substances and help absorb calcium reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
5. Green leaves: Leguminous plants are rich in vitamins and minerals are also rich in soluble fiber. Several of these vegetables are rich in calcium and magnesium, minerals vital to maintaining strong bones.
6. Garlic: Garlic is well known as a powerful ally in preventing cardiovascular disease. In countries like Spain and Italy where garlic consumption is high there are fewer incidences of these diseases. Leguminous plants are rich in vitamins and minerals. According to a World Health Organization garlic helps fight and prevent high cholesterol, mild hypertension and other diseases. It is also believed to help prevent colon cancer.
7. Chickpeas: It is one of the beans easier to digest. It is rich in vitamin C, iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
You have to stay well nourished with vitamins and minerals, such as a balanced diet food and drink fluids without flavor enhancers.